Sunday, February 26, 2006

Networking Frustrations


So this weekend was mainly spent on trying to network ethernet cables up and through the walls into to the overhead attic. It seemed like it was going to be an easy task, but after encountering the first box that had to be removed, discovered that this would not be the case. Bright lights shooting out of one of the fuse boxes, my friend and I jump away from the box. So here lies problem number two, which ended up blowing out the light in the room (going to have to call out an electrician to repair that).

I was praying that the other room would be easier, but let's face it things in life are never what they seem. Turns out that the wall we were trying to drop the wire down, had insulation padding all along the wall which made it appear next to impossible. My friend brought this fishing rod type of a tool to guide the wire down along the wall, but it ended up getting stuck.

Next day, went to Home Depot bright and early to pick up a drill bit. Two hours later I was home free, routing the wiring through the wall. I was even able to get the jammed fishing rod tool out of the wall. Big thanks to DC for helping me with this crazy project! Well tomorrow will be the official move into the new room, woo hoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger DC said...

Worst house ever.

Thanks for stabbing me with the screwdriver asshole. Some pharmacist you are.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home